Thursday, September 19, 2013

A news flash: The Day of the Lord has Begun; He is Beginning to Arrive, and His enemies are scattering (the Brightness of His Coming is beginning to Destroy Many…and will continue)



Does this make sense?  How can someone believe in killing innocent babies by abortion, but not, by that same reasoning, believe in killing guilty men by capital punishment?  Of course, I know the answer lay in their wrong interpretation about when someone is human; also, some believe both killings are wrong (that’s better than the first error at least), but I believe there is a place for capital punishment (of course done only as righteously as man can do it).  But this is the bane of our time; spiritual blindness has become so dark as to effect even human logic and reasoning.  Our nation, our people, and the whole world have gone mad; we are perhaps even more stupid and ignorant than those who lived in the Dark Ages.  But, the question of the hour is: “If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11: 3).

The answer I believe is contained in the realization that we are at a critical time in history: the dawning of the “Day of the Lord.”  A day of gross darkness for most, but a day of tremendous enlightenment to those who have allowed the purifying effects of the cross to purge them (“blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” [Matthew 5: 8]).  Indeed, God’s Day is man’s night (for most).  Those who have rejected Christ overtly and wholly are of course completely blind, without any understanding; but there is a whole class of people, carnal Christians, who have inadvertently and partially rejected Christ and are consequently without a full understanding (in many degrees along this spectrum of sight and enlightenment).  Of course I know we all technically belong to those who see partially, but whole sight is about maturity of person not perfection of sight (only God sees it all; that’s why He’s the Judge!). 
 
But contained in these words of our Lord is a truth for today: “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.   As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” (John 9: 4-5).  Remember, He first came to save; but His Second Coming is about judgment: its examination time and many are not ready. 
 
I had a profound experience just yesterday morning (9/18/2013).  As I awoke to the day, God gently whispered to my spirit: “Plumb-bob Ministries.”  I had been a brick mason as a young man and knew what a plumb bob was (I’ll explain more in the next paragraph).  Though only a whisper, it was strong on me.  Obeying the Holy Spirit’s prompting, I decided to secure a domain name for Plumb-bob Ministries.  When my computer booted up, there before my eyes was an image of a plumb-bob at the end of a string (actually it was a drawing of Foucault’s Pendulum depicting a brass-coated lead bob at the end of a wire used to measure the Earth’s rotations; Google put it up to commemorate Leon Foucault’s contribution to science).  Then, later that day, I received a book in the mail I had ordered sometime back; the name of it is “En Punto,” meaning “on the dot.”  It is about spiritual exactness.  Guess what was on the cover?  You got it, a PLUMB-BOB!

Thus He showed me, and behold, the Lord stood upon a wall with a plumb line, with a plumb line in His hand.  And the Lord said to me, Amos, what do you see? And I said, a plumb line. Then said the Lord, Behold, I am setting a plumb line as a standard in the midst of My people Israel. I will not pass by and spare them any more [the door of mercy is shut].  (Amos 7: 7-8, emphases added, Amplified Bible).

A plumb-bob is the anchor or weight that is tied off at the end of the plumb line.  It is designed to hold the plumb line straight and taut so that it can be used as the standard or guide to construct a wall that is straight and taut.  When God talks about putting a plumb line in the midst of His people, and that the door of mercy is shut, it simply means the time of examination has arrived: the day of judgment is here.  It is ONLY bad if the person or nation is not ready.  But whether people are ready or not, He’s here (and still coming, still downloading His infinite Person until the noonday zenith of His day). 

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you sister! Just call when you can. I'll read it Zeph. 1 & 2. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete