Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Simple Christian

Who is as blind as the one God sends?
He has no agenda, no opinion;
He’s not ambitious, has no dominion;
Like an animal that cannot pretend,
A loner that follows no popular trend,
This, the man of God, the simple Christian,
Comes to you in varied loss of vision:
Light from darkness is hard to comprehend!

Forgive him, for he knows not what he does;
He hardly knows who he is, or who he was;
But it is truer in retrospection,
(Even further so upon reflection),
Within his spirit enlightenment flares,
Consuming inner darkness that impairs.









4 comments:

  1. Praise God for granting you both the wisdom and profound gift to write this wonderful Post. I'm not even going to try and find mere words to try and articulate what's going on here by what you've written. All I can say is "It takes one to truly know one, and you sir are one of the few of us (I say this by faith in God's miraculous grace to have saved a wretch like me) to heard the call, picked up the cross and began your journey. (As John Bunyon in Pilgrims progress said, "This book will make a traveller of thee." Thank you for blessing us with this. Amen. God bless Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this sonnet some years ago. The first line, "who is as blind as the one God sends?" was, I believe, a line from Isaiah. It had burned in my spirit for many days before I articulated my full thoughts in this sonnet. The Lord spoke to me when I was very young in this way and told me: "Ed, I am using you when you don't even know it." I am blind, often the last one privy to what He is doing. But because I am His, I impact even when unaware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Ed. That's wonderful. Glad you did. This really blessed me. This reminds me of what Oswald Chambers said, (referring to Moses' response to God after he'd spent 40 years herding sheep, "Who am I that I should go...?" And, "A self assured saint is of no value to God."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is voluminous in it's wisdom , and the dynamic principle in the "Mind of Christ"
    En-light-ning to say the least

    ReplyDelete